USTA National Campus
Home of American Tennis – Located 14 minutes from the USTA National Campus, the Sheraton Suites is your perfect choice for all your USTA National Campus hotel needs.,
The USTA is building a state-of-the-art facility in Orlando, Fla., the USTA National Campus, with the goal of enhancing the sport at every level and creating an unparalleled playing, training and educational experience for players, coaches and spectators.
The innovative new facility will feature 100-plus courts and house the USTA’s Community Tennis and Player Development divisions. It will focus on the complete tennis pathway – from the youngest players to recreational competitors of all ages and ability levels, and from collegians to future pros and professional tour-level players.
The target completion date for the facility is the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Tournament and League Area – This area will include 24 clay courts and 16 hard courts. The space will include two player pavilions and a tournament administration office which will include trainer rooms, a stringer area, player lounge, public restrooms, and a check-in area. It will let the USTA deliver events like never before and will set a new functional standard for the sport.
- Collegiate Tennis Area – This area will feature 12 hard courts and one future tournament show court, and will serve as the home of the University of Central Florida’s Men’s and Women’s Varsity Tennis Program. The courts will be equipped with high mast lighting for televised events and have elevated seating for 1,200 people with room on the north and south end for additional seating. The area will allow two collegiate matches to be played simultaneously. Additionally, it will feature a two-story pavilion for concessions, public restrooms, team locker rooms, and areas for trainers and officials.
- Team USA Area – This area will include eight hard courts and eight clay courts. The courts will be utilized by the 17 USTA Sections, along with coaches and their players throughout the country to work collaboratively with USTA Player Development.
- High Performance and Player Development Area – This area will include eight hard courts, eight red clay courts, and six covered courts for the USTA Player Development division. The space includes dormitories that can house 32 boys and girls. The strength and conditioning area will include a sand and workout area. In addition, the area will be utilized for Team USA Events.
- 36/60’ Tennis – This area will include eight 36’ and eight 60’ courts enabling youth and adults to develop their games.
- USTA Office Building – The ground floor will include a tennis pro shop, fitness area, locker rooms, player lounge, and cafeteria with USTA offices occupying the second and third floors.
- Technology – The facility will be an epicenter for tennis innovation and education. It will incorporate the latest technology to provide an unparalleled playing, training and educational experience for players, coaches and spectators.